I know this sounds strange. Trust me, they're delicious.
Each year at High Sierra Music Fest, I have at least a couple buckwheat gallettes made by one of the food vendors there. She makes this one gallete with beets, chard, tahini, carrots, sunflower seeds, cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil. I wanted to use these same ingredients at home, without making the crepes. So, corn tortillas worked like a charm.
I vary the ingredients of these tacos quite a bit, based on what I have on hand. Feel free to include shredded chicken, eggs, avocado, ground & seasoned turkey, or even taco-flavored beef (it's not my fave, but a friend loved em).
corn tortillas
1 beet, shredded,
a few leaves of swiss chard, finely chopped
1-3 carrots, shredded
oil for frying tacos
shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey, or something else)
sour cream
salsa
Prep the veggies and mix.
Heat a large frying pan, and add 1-2 T of oil. Once the oil is hot, add a corn tortilla, and quickly top with a few tablespoons of shredded cheese. Then add a good mound of the veggie mix. Using tongs, fold the taco over the veggies. You might have to hold the taco closed until the tortilla firms up. Flip the tacos after 2 or so minutes (after the tortilla is browning gently and the cheese has melted).
Once both sides of the taco are browned and the contents are warmed, transfer the tacos to paper towels to drain. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and salsa.
yummy...
No comments:
Post a Comment